Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fantastic!

In the last few days I have picked up hundreds of Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) and Jerome-ish or Jerome-ized games (e.g. 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Nd4 Bxf7+) – perhaps as many as a thousand – from games played at the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS).

I am still organizing and reviewing the games, but it is quite possible that they will have an impact on current Jerome Gambit theory, and may even cause me to review and revise some of the information that I posted in the first year of this blog.

How exciting!

I will share what I learn, as I am able.

In the meantime, welcome to the Jerome Gambit Gemeinde, DragonTail, majorminor, JKELSEY, GmCooper, weenar, ItsAllBullCheck and KnightBiker (among others), all playing at FICS.

No comments: