Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Jerome Gambit - Over the Board??


In a comment to the previous post on this blog, Quckturtle asked if I played the Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) in over-the-board games.

I responded in the negative, mostly because I rarely play face-to-face games these days; instead, I play blitz and turn-based games on the internet.

Indeed, Eric Schiller, in his 2002 Gambit Chess Openings, referred to the Jerome Gambit as a "cyberspace gambit".

Yet, I wonder along with Quickturtle: who plays the Jerome Gambit in over-the-board play these days?

I have known for years that Jerome Gambit Gemeinde member Pete Banks ("blackburne") from Great Britain used to play it regularly - but, who else?

If you know someone, or if you play the Jerome otb yourself, please drop me a quick note (richardfkennedy@hotmail.com) or add a comment to this post, and let us know.

No comments: