Sunday, November 10, 2013

Comment on all these Bxf7+s



In a comment to "Curse You, Red Baron!" Pete Banks ("blackburne") wrote


Hi Rick, you seem to class anything with an early Bxf7 as some kind of Jerome these days. A member of my club recently won an OTB game in 10 moves after saccing on move 5. I would class it as a Philidor, but if you're interested, it's here:

http://www.halesowenchessclub.org.uk/mcvjl.htm





My response -


Hi Pete,


Thanks for the game reference. I'll share the line with Readers in a few posts. (I'm always disappointed when my opponent plays 2...d6.)


I've expanded coverage in this blog from Jerome Gambit games to Jerome-like, Jerome-ish, and Jerome-inspired lines, as many of those who play the "standard" Jerome also like to toss in Bxf7+ elsewhere.


Best wishes,

Rick

No comments: