Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Italian Battleground: Round 3

Round 3 has started in the Chess.com "Italian Battleground" tournament, and I will be battling with docfb, 275Jukka,warwar, Abhishek29 and XristosGikas.

In my first 5 (concurrent) games, I have the black pieces 4 times, and in my 1 game with White, I am playing a Hungarian Defense - so, no Jerome Gambit so far. 

In Round 1, I scored with the Jerome against Abhishek29, and in Round 2 I did the same against warwar. It will be interesting to see if they let me play my refuted opening again - and, if so, what improvements they have come up with.

In Round 2, docfb played a Two Knights Defense, and beat me. I wonder if he will be satisfied to repeat, or if he will go with the easy win against the Jerome.

As for 275Jukka, we have not played before, but he went for the Hungarian Defense 3...Be7 right away. He must have a really good track record with the Hungarian, to turn down the offer of two pieces that allowing the Jerome Gambit would have achieved.

XristosGikas is new to me, as well, so perhaps he will oblige me and "blunder" into a win after 4 moves...

     

No comments: