Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Overrated!


Well, it's offical: all the games of the Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) Tournament that I was participating in at
ChessWorld.net have been completed.

While I will continue to bring you my struggles, one-by-one, in more of the "Jerome Gambit Tournament: Chapter Whatever" posts I thought I would tip my hand by sharing the fact that I scored 16-2-0, meeting my goal of going 9-0-0 against the Jerome Gambit, while racking up a defensible 7-2-0 record with the Gambit.

That result was good enough for first place, although because of my ridiculously over-inflated rating, I lost over 100 rating points with it.

Still, I finished three points ahead of Temmo, at 13-5-0.

Following quickly were Kevin the fruitbat with 12-6-0, Sir Osis of the Liver with 11-6-1, Hogmaster with 10-6-2 and Blackburne with 10-7-1.

Hogmaster had the second-best score with White with the Jerome Gambit: 6-3-0.

Temmo and Sir Osis of the Liver were equally cruel with Black to the Jerome Gambit, scoring 8-1-0 against it.

The field finished with drewbear at 8-10-0, Gary_Seven at 5-13-0, brain50 at 3-15-0 and Capt.Mandrake at 0-18-0.

1 comment:

Rick Kennedy said...

Actually, the tournament ended a few days later than I announced -- I had been counting on a mate-in-one in the final game coming off, but it turned into a mate-in-three (beautiful, nonetheless)...