Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chandler Unbound

If the posting at the Chandler Cornered website is not an April Fool's joke (what next – radio shock jock Howard Stern playing in the US Chess Championship??), then it looks like chessfriend-of-all and Jerome Gambit Gemeinde member Geoff Chandler has finished his 400th and final column for Chess Edinburgh.

Of course, the "Obituary" and the picture of the gorilla likeness that accompany the announcement (I always thought Geoff was taller) make it hard to take things totally seriously.

Yet he writes
It was brilliant fun and I really enjoyed doing them all...Don't know what I'll do now. I won't do a blog, perhaps write a chess book, perhaps not. Who Knows.
I hope Who – or Geoff, or WhoEver – keeps in touch. His puckish wit and insight into the Royal Game as we commoners play it will be sorely missed.


No comments: