Saturday, April 18, 2015

Anybody want a couple of pieces?

Blue Question Mark

I guess not.

All of my games with White in first round of the ongoing Chess.com Italian Game tournament found opponents who did not want to allow the Jerome Gambit.

Four were Two Knights Defenses 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 that refused to turn into Italian Four Knights Jerome Gambits (4.Nc3 Bc5 5.Bxf7+) but stayed by the book with 4.Nc3 Nxe5 5.Nxe5 d5 6.Bd3 dxe4 7.Bxe4 Bd6.

The fifth game was a Semi-Italian game 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 h6 that refused to go Jerome (with 4.0-0 Bc5 5.Bxf7+).

(The sixth game didn't happen, as the player lost on time in both games without a piece moved.)

Maybe next round.

I guess I will console myself with the knowledge that the readership of blog posts this month is likely to set a new record for jeromegambit.blogspot.com. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: