Sunday, August 28, 2016

An Unexpected Success

Image result for picture surprised face

After being schooled in our Jerome Gambit game in a Chess.com "Italian Game thematic tournament" I expected my opponent would march through the rest of his play without a loss, and score 7.5 / 8.0 to take top honors a point ahead of me.

Much to my surprise, I recently learned that he had some complications in his non-chess life, and had to forfeit several of his uncompleted games.

This allowed me to finish in first place, with 6.5 / 8.0.

That was 2.5 / 3.0 with the Jerome Gambit, too, which was not as unexpected.

(Let's see: 4 / 5 = 80% for non- Jerome games; 2.5 / 3 = 83% for Jerome Gambit games. Not bad.)



[August 2016 is setting a new record for readership of this blog, climbing past the "new" record just set in July 2016. I am very excited, and am glad to welcome new Readers! - Rick]



No comments: