Saturday, July 29, 2017

Jerome Gambit: Reflection

Image result for free clipart email

As a comment to my post "Jerome Gambit: Thematic and Aggressive", chessfriend quickturtle wrote 
By far the BEST regular chess opening blog on the web...... this opening is dangerous to the person underestimating it's traps.
I greatly appreciate his kind words. It is hard to find a suitable response, other than "Thank you" and "I think you understand the Jerome Gambit".

Perhaps I could also add that putting this blog together has been enjoyable and educational, from the first post, "Welcome", on June 10, 2008, to thinking about the next one - which should be #2,450.

I have had the opportunity to meet many players from around the world, through their comments, emails, games and annotations. That has given my work a richness that I greatly value.

Explaining "what this blog about" takes some doing. Not quite 5 years ago I gave a rather detailed "justification" (some might say "explanation") for playing the Jerome Gambit. It continued across several posts, starting with "It's hard to explain..."

It's worth re-reading.

No comments: