Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jerome Gambit: Duck-Billed Platypus of Openings



I'm having a lot of fun writing for this Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) blog – this is something like my 82nd consecutive daily post – and it's broken me of some bad habits along the way.


For example, for almost three years, starting in mid-January 2005, I was posting in the ChessPub.com forum, primarily on the Jerome Gambit. It is fun today to see that my first post there has been viewed almost 4500 times.

Anyhow, you might imagine that Alonzo Wheeler Jerome's pet variation was not the hottest topic at ChessPub, and often my posts there looked like conversations with myself. Imagine that.

You might even imagine (correctly) that I was using the forum site as some kind of intermittent blog.

Until the day that one of the Powers That Be told me to zip it.

Qué lástima.

I don't hold any grudges, though. I could have copied all of that good content to this site and not even mentioned the 'Pub. Instead, I invite you to stop by at the ChessPub forum and meet some really fine people chatting about some really interesting chess things.

Just not the Jerome Gambit.



No comments: