Saturday, November 29, 2008

Return to Awful





Following up on Something Awful and Something Awful Again, I was able to contact both OrangeKing and jyrka.

4444444444

OrangeKing,

From Something Awful:"Fired up, ready to go I'm playing in a tournament this weekend (the Northeast Open, in Stamford), in the u2100 section. You guys are tempting me to play with a Jerome Gambit/Halloween Gambit/Fred repertoire."

Any chance you actually played a Jerome Gambit game?

If so, care to share?

Thanks.

perrypawnpusher

3333333333

perrypawnpusher,

Can't say I did - Sorry.

OrangeKing

4444444444
jyrka,

From Something Awful: "I didn't know it had a name but I meet the Jerome Gambit against crappy players A LOT. I don't really have any other reaction other than to consider the game won."

Care to share some of your games?

Thanks.

perrypawnpusher

3333333333

perrypawnpusher,

Ah, sorry, I don't really have any games on hand. If you haven't already, check out the Jerome Gambit blog... hold on, I just checked it and it's YOUR website. You've probably seen it already then.

Usually I meet the gambit in a dimly lit pub against drunk guys. Definitely not in tournaments. To put it in perspective, another commonly used move is spilling the beer accidentally on the board.

jyrka

No comments: