Monday, May 25, 2009

NOT the Jerome Gambit


Occasionally I have taken a break from the Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) on this web site to give an update on the adventures of my son, Jon, the youngest of the three "Kennedy Kids" (above, at his recent graduation from the University of Notre Dame, with brother Matt and sister Mary): see"And Now For Something Completely Different..."; "A Short Break from the Jerome Gambit"; and "Ugandan Chess Master" for his summer in Uganda.

I probably should have mentioned that he spent Spring Break 2009 in El Salvador. He was observing the election, however, not playing chess. Still, Ajedrez El Salvador is an interesting and informative site.

In the fall Jon will be off to Haiti. I haven't found out much about the Haiti Chess Federation, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments: