Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jerome Gambit... Jerome Gambit... Jerome Gambit...

Okay, so maybe I do have a bit of a case of "Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf4+) on the brain"...
Even when I'm not playing the Jerome Gambit, I'm thinking about playing the Jerome Gambit. Not that that's always bad.

perrypawnpusher - anon
blitz 5 5, FICS 2009
1.e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6

No Jerome Gambit here. Well, that's okay, I've been learning the Boden-Kieseritzky Gambit – I'll try that.

4. O-O Nxe4 5. Nc3 Nxc3 6. dxc3

It feels kind of weird. I mean here it is move 6 already, and I still have my King Bishop and King Knight. Can't be helped, I guess...
6...d5 7. Bxd5 Ne7

Whoa! This is so cool!!

Now I get to play Bxf7+ and then I get to play Nxe5+ and then I get to play...

8. Bxf7+ Black resigned

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...............
(I was actually going to play 9.Qxd8. Really. Honest.)
graphic by Jeff Bucchino, the Wizard of Draws

No comments: