Monday, April 12, 2010

Sith still and don't move...


I have posted on the "Jedi Mind Tricks" that may (or may not) have occured in my chess game and rematch with – Darth Zadox? Pleased was I, too long ago not, finding a similar effort unsuccessful...

djham - zadox
blitz FICS, 2010


1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nd4


The Blackburne Shilling Gambit. Maybe.

4.Bxf7+

The Blackburne Shilling Jerome Gambit.

4...Ke7


Highly irregular. There can be only one reason that my opponent (rated higher than me) would do this...
In perrypawnpusher - zadox, blitz FICS, 2010 our game continued 5.Bxg8 Ke8 6.Nxe5
No, no, no, no, no... This is the only move that gives the BSG any power!
Clearly, this is some kind of Jedi "mind trick"!
In this current game djham was not to be fooled. (You don't think he saw the earlier posts here, do you?)

5.Nxd4

5...exd4 6.Bd5


6..Nf6 7.0-0 Nxd5 8.exd5 d6


9.Re1+ Kd7 10.Qg4 checkmate


I think I detected a slight giggling in the Force...

No comments: