Sunday, July 15, 2012

All White did...

I imagine that some new Readers looked at yesterday's game, jfhumphrey - NextStar, FICS, 2012, and fulminated "All White did was stand around and wait for his opponent to make a mistake!"


True enough. 


In all fairness, recall the masters of old who used to give pawn, piece, or Queen odds, and then win. Weren't they doing much the same thing?


Since this is blog post #1,500 (that is, 1,500 consecutive daily posts), I can no longer be assured that every Reader has read every post, so let me give a short retrospective to reassure all that I am aware of the "All White did..." objection. 


Check out "But - Is this stuff playable?? (Part I)" and "But - Is this stuff playable?? (Part II)" and "Jerome Gambit for Dummies (1)".


While you're browsing the archives, why not keep wandering? There is always something interesting a page or a post or a day away!

No comments: