Monday, March 22, 2010

Is there a book in all of this??

In June this blog will mark 2 years of daily posts on the Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) and openings like the Blackburne Shilling Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nd4 4.Bxf7+), the Semi-Italian Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 h6 4.various Bc5 5.Bxf7+) and the Italian Four Knights Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.Nc3 Bc5 5.Bxf7+).

Friends and readers have asked me if I am planning to write a book on the Jerome Gambit.

My answer is that I would love to, but not right now.

For starters, I like the blog format. It keeps me regularly in touch with the Jerome Gambit Gemeinde and chessplayers around the world. It has a flexibility that fits my time and temperment.

Also, I would like to be certain that if FIDE Master Stefan Bücker decides to publish my Jerome Gambit article in his fantastic magazine, Kaissiber, that it contains my best efforts, bar none.

However, if I ever do write a book on the Jerome Gambit, I know exactly what I will call it: Playing and (Sometimes) Winning with the Worst Chess Opening in the World!






graphic by Jeff Bucchino, The Wizard of Draws

No comments: