Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Retro


With over 1,200 daily posts to this blog to day, I sometimes like to wander back in time and see what things caught my interest over 3 years ago...

Of course, it all started with a "Welcome!"

It was not long before I had to address the objection "But - is this stuff playable??" (part i and part ii).

It was not surprising to find, among the early "Jerome Gambit Tournaments" some contests where both players lost the same game.

I let early Readers in on "Pitfall Numero Uno in the Jerome Gambit" and filled them in a bit on "What kind of a man...?"  would conjure up such a gambit, one who became "The Man, The Myth, The Legend..."

I started gathering up Jerome Gambit mysteries that I still have not solved. " 'Tis A Puzzlement" was only the first list.

Explored was the link between the Jerome Gambit and the Salvio Gambit. Was there a link?

Then there was "Les Femmes des Echecs...& the Jerome Gambit" and the story of how this blog sidled up to the Jerome Gambit entry in Wikipedia...  

All that, and a whole lot more, in only the first three months of this blog.

And there are many, many more Jerome Gambit tales to be told!



No comments: