Thursday, April 22, 2021

Jerome Gambit: Post Post Mortem

 


Yesterday's Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) game (see "Jerome Gambit: Back to the Drawing Board") was a bit of a let down for me. I am more used to being the attacker than the attacked, more used to "1-0" than "0-1" - and this from playing an allegedly "refuted" opening.

I even wandered back to MrJoker's somber letter in "Jerome Gambit: Time For A Sobering Cup of Coffee".

But the mood didn't last long. 

For starters, after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+ Kxf7 5.Nxe5+ Nxe5 6.Qh5+ Ke6 


instead of playing 7.f4 and encountering the silicon or annoying defense, I could return to my favorite 7.Qf5+.

Of course, there is also 7.Qh3, examined in depth by Yury Bukayev in his "JG: The New (Parts 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)".

I could even throw in 6.d4, if need be.

In the meantime, I have put the Lc0 engine to work, coming up with some new ideas, too. They will come in handy in the next round of the Chess.com "Piano Piano" tournament.


No comments: