Friday, October 29, 2021

Jerome Gambit: End of the Road



It looks like I will not be moving on to the third round of the "Piano Piano" tournament at Chess.com.

In the tournament I did reasonably well with the White pieces  playing the Jerome Gambit, scoring 3 - 3, with a couple more wins on time. Not bad for a "refuted" opening.

However, I played only 1 - 3 - 2, with 2 more wins on time, with the Black pieces. (My regular defense is the French, with an occasional Siclian.)

All of which is likely "good" enough for fifth place in my section in the second round, when only the top three will move on to round three. Perhaps I will finish overall in the middle of the pack of 18 players.

However, there is another Italian Game tournament starting up, soon, and I have already signed up for it...

No comments: