Thursday, October 21, 2021

Jerome Gambit: Shhhh! It's A Secret

 

About 3 years ago I started a series of occasional posts presenting "Jerome Gambit Secrets" - moves or lines of play that were good, but were overlooked or rarely played.

To date, I have presented 15 of them. 

Dan Middlemiss - who continues to gift me with Jerome Gambit games - recently was amused that one of the secrets remains secret, even to this day.

I did a quick check of some of the earlier secrets.

"Jerome Gambit Secrets #1" remains unplayed.

"Jerome Gambit Secrets #2" remains unplayed

"Jerome Gambit Secrets #3" remains unplayed. (This is the one that has eluded both me and Dan.)

"Jerome Gambit Secrets #4" - "One of my favorite Jerome Gambit "secrets" has actually been solved, but the story is always a good one to tell. And tell again."

"Jerome Gambit Secrets #5" showed up earlier this year in  Littleplayerparis - Alfilpeligroso, 5 0 blitz, lichess.org, 2021. (No doubt, a game that Dan sent me. I guess I should post it.)

"Jerome Gambit Secrets #6" - "It is not often that an International Master makes a recommendation in the Jerome Gambit..." The move has been played, but rarely.

"Jerome Gambit Secrets #7" This has appeared in one of HauntedKnight's 476 Jerome Gambit games at FICS (according to The Database), but it remains mostly a secret.


You get the idea. I think I will stop the update here, but I will encourage interested Readers to use the "Search This Blog" function for Secrets #8 through #15.

Or, you could read this entire blog, from the start, all 3,465 posts, so you don't miss anything. Of course, at about 2 minutes per read, it would take you almost 3 full work weeks to accomplish that.


No comments: