Monday, November 29, 2021

World Chess Championship 2021, Ian Nepomniachtchi, Anti-Marshall & h3


From a recent email from Yury V. Bukayev

My thoughts about latest games between World Champion, top GM M.Carlsen and Challenger, top GM I. Nepomniachtchi let me compare Challenger's moves 8.h3 in Game 1 and 21.h3 in Game 3 with the Morphy's Joke Opening (please, look at my article "GM#1 vs you: Wing gambit bombs, BC & history: 1on your blog: April 14, 2021). This my comparison let me create the following poem:

We name it after Morphy
In Open Games. It's worthy
To play it with a FUN!
"h3?" - Don't make it, Ian!
Else something about variations and names. For example, after possible 1.e4 e5 2.h3 Nc6 3.Nf3 Be7 4.Bb5 a6 5.Ba4 Nf6 6.0-0 b5 7.Bb3 0-0 8.Re1 we get the same position of their Game 1. We may use for this position not only the name "Spanish Game, Anti-Marshall with 8.h3", but also "Morphy's Joke Opening, Anti-Marshall", in fact. 

No comments: