Friday, December 2, 2022

From My Psychology Career to This Blog & Wiki's Attention

 


Years ago, I wrote over 100 reviews for the online chess site, Chessville.com. Alas, it no longer exists - although content can be found via The Wayback Machine, an internet archive ("Explore more than 771 billion web pages saved over time").

Recently Yury V. Bukayev sent me a link to a Wikipedia.org article on chess psychology that included a link to something I wrote for Chessville, many years ago.

Titled "My Chess Psychology Bookshelf" the piece includes short reviews of a number of chess psychology books, with links to an additional collection of longer reviews that I did for Chessville - about a couple dozen, in all.

They are well worth a read.

I have been interested in chess since the age of 7. Psychology was my career for 40 years. As Yury suggested, the combination of the two most likely led to my fascination with the Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+).

It is interesting to reflect upon my search over the years for what lines of play might have inspired Alonzo Wheeler Jerome to create "his" opening; while Yury has done me one better, by identifying what most likely inspired me to investigate the Jerome and introduce this blog (it all started in 2008 with "Welcome!").   

No comments: