Saturday, January 14, 2023

Jerome Gambit: Familiar?

 


As I was playing over the moves in a pretty cool Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) game highlighted in the YouTube video "Mating Attack!How to destroy it in The Brutal Jerome Gambit ! Crush your opponent and win The game!" by chessmastervijay it somehow felt familiar to me. 

That seemed kind of silly. After all, there are over 3,900 posts on this blog, and over 81,000 games in The Database. Familiar?

The names of the players were not given in the video, so that did not provide any clue.

I could have emailed chessmastervijay and asked, but I didn't want to bother him unless it was completely necessary.

After some digging I turned up the computer vs computer game Stockfish - Cramlingbot (1-0, 19), presented in the post "Jerome Gambit: Quick Checkmate", a couple of months ago. (No wonder it seemed familiar.)

Like I said, pretty cool game.


No comments: