Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Jerome Gambit: Rescued?

 


Last month, in "Jerome Gambit: To the Rescue?", I gave an update to my status in the Chess.com "Giuoco Piano Game" tournament. I had made it to the 4th round, but cautioned

I will need wins in my remaining two very interesting Jerome Gambits - and a bit of good fortune in terms of tie breaks - in order to advance to the next round, but I feel confident that my favorite opening will come through.

The first win came, as discussed in "Jerome Gambit: Blinded by the Light (Parts 1, 2, 3 & 4)".

Now the second win has arrived - and will be posted very soon.

Will that win be enough? It is still too soon to tell. My opponent in that latter Jerome Gambit has one more game to complete. If he wins, or if he draws, he advances - along with auswebby, in first place - to the next round. If he loses, it will be up to the tiebreak, and I will move on to Round 5.

By the way, the other group this round has finished. DouglasEngle and xyz7 will advance.    

No comments: