Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Who Plays The Jerome Gambit Often?

 



I have asked the question before - Who plays the Jerome Gambit?

Back in May of 2010, I could ask who was "King of the Hill", and noted that while kingmaple had 619 games in The Database, he was outpaced significantly by DragonTail, with 1,213 games.

(It turns out that was not the whole story.)

Five years later, in "Who Plays the Jerome Gambit?", I pointed out that DragonTail continued to lead, with 1,445 games in The Database.

That last number was an error - in 2015 DragonTail actually had 1,529 games in The Database, his last ones being played in 2012.

That increase is significant, as a player who I had overlooked - suzana - actually had 1,499 games in The Database at that time, barely being relegated to second place.

In fact, the neglected suzana had the same number of games in The Database as of May of 2010, which would have taken the top of the list back then.

Today, while I am pleased with my own 692 games in The Database, that hardly approaches mwafakalhaswa's 1,046 games, or Bill Wall's 1,185 games.

We all continue to lag behind suzana and DragonTail.

No comments: