Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Jerome Gambit: Too Soon to Celebrate?



It may well be a bit too early to predict - with two of my games still unfinished - but it looks like I may have gathered enough points in the first round of the "Play The Italian Game III" tournament at Chess.com (see "Jerome Gambit: New Tournament") to place at least second in my group, and move on to Round 2.

If so, I would have another chance to address the one minor "shortcoming" of the tournament, concerning Round 1

Since the starting moves are 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 it is possible for my opponents to deny me the chance to play a Jerome Gambit by avoiding playing 3...Bc5. So far, all three have done so.

(Ah, but what will I do if I have another opportunity to play the Monck Gambit? Have I suffered enough?)


No comments: