Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Lei Tingjie Has Beaten Ju Wenjun in Game 5 of the Women’s World Chess Championship Match with the Italian Game

Lei Tingjie Has Beaten Ju Wenjun in Game 5 of the Women’s World Chess Championship Match with the Italian Game 
 (by Yury V. Bukayev) 
 
Let’s analyse the early opening stage of the today’s main chess game GM Lei Tingjie – GM Ju Wenjun (Game 5: https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=2537229 ): 

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.d3 Bc5 

This sequence is very popular among top chess players in the modern time, but I don’t recommend both 4.d3?! and 4…Bc5?!, if you want to make the best move. Thus, after 4…Be7! White doesn’t have an advantage. 

5.0-0 

I don’t recommend to play 5.0-0?!, I recommend to play 5.Nc3!, and White gets an advantage (here are my old analytical researches on it, by transposition of moves: https://chessproblem.my-free-games.com/chess/games/ChessArticle.php?art=C50A , https://chessproblem.my-free-games.com/chess/games/ChessArticle.php?art=C50B ). 

5…d6 6.c3 a5 7.Bb3 

I don’t recommend to play 7.Bb3?!, to play both 6…a5?! and 6…a6?!. Thus, after 7.d4! AN White gets an advantage (here is my old analytical research on it after 6…a6, by transposition of moves: https://chessproblem.my-free-games.com/chess/games/ChessArticle.php?art=C54A , the situation after 6…a5 is analogous to it). 

It maybe, Ms. Lei Tingjie has known about my idea 7.d4!, but reminisced Game 3 of this Match (the Anti-Berlin system of the Spanish Opening), where she blundered a pawn on e4 after her move d3-d4, after her mistaken play. In Game 3 I recommend the way 8.Ba4! AN with the continuation 9.Qe2!, 10.0-0-0! (the same is also good after 8.Bc4!? AN), analogously to my old analytical research ( https://chessproblem.my-free-games.com/chess/games/ChessArticle.php?art=C54B ), instead of her way 8.Bxc6 bxc6 9.d4. Of course, the position of that game differs a lot, but this psychology could work today. 

And let me finish this research. I can’t exclude that the way 3…Nf6 4.d3 Bc5 was chosen by the Women’s World Champion instead of 3…Bc5 to prevent some sharp systems including strong and other systems which can be found on this famous blog. I would recommend the Women's World Champion Ms. Ju Wenjun to not be sad and to choose more strong and more aggressive opening systems in this Match further, although the result of Game 5 wasn’t a consequence of its early opening stage. 

Contact the author:  istinayubukayev@yandex.ru     
© 2023 Yury V. Bukayev (Copyright © Bukayev Yury Vyacheslavovich 2023). All rights reserved.  

[A legal using of this investigation with a reference to it is permitted   and doesn’t require author’s consent.] 

No comments: