Wednesday, September 20, 2023

My Jerome Gambit Game as Black without My Rook on a8

 


My Jerome Gambit Game as Black without My Rook on a8

(by Yury V. Bukayev)

Michael Schwarz from Moscow (born in GDR) is my new acquaintance, an ordinary chess amateur. Recently he suggested me to play a handicap game against him, without my Rook 'a' or 'h'. 
I said him that it would be too brave for me for our first game, so I suggested him the following: I'll play as Black without my Rook on a8, but he'll play the standard system of the Jerome gambit. He wasn't acquainted with it, so I explained him that it is Giuoco Piano with 4.Bxf7+, where after 4...Kxf7 White can make the good move 5.Nxe5+ or its alternatives. Moreover, I suggested him 3 0 blitz time control, and he agreed. Here is our yesterday's game.
            Schwarz Michael  -  Bukayev Yury
thematic Jerome gambit game, without Rook on a8,
                    3 0 blitz, Moscow, 2023
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+ Kxf7 5.Nxe5+ Nxe5
                    

White stands better because of the absence of Black's Rook. Unfortunately for Michael, he has touched his King with a silence after my Knight's capture, so he has chosen among King's moves after it.
6.0-0 Qf6 7.d4 Bxd4 
               

8.c3 Bb6 9.Kh1 d6 10.f4 Ng4 11.Qe2 Qh4 12.h3 Qg3
White resigned.
                     

We can see, my opponent made several large mistakes in this game (although the majority of them were "enough natural"), he saw my idea 6...Qf6 7.d4? Bxd4 8.Qxd4?? Nf3+ after my move 7...Bxd4 only. 
My defence 6...Qf6 AN was very strong, it was even better than 6...Bb6 AN, and I have solved to suggest the name for 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+ Kxf7 5.Nxe5+ Nxe5 6.0-0 Qf6 both here and in non-handicap chess (with Black's Rook on a8). Thus, I suggest to name it as ' L+S Golden Union defence ', where 'L' is a symbol of a Bishop in German chess notation , 'S' is a symbol of a Knight there, the union of Black's Bishop on c5 and Knight on e5 was really golden in this game, while, in contrast with it, an ordinary sum of these two Black's chess pieces is a usual case in Jerome gambit positions.
Dear Michael, thank you for the game! This game is enough important for theory.
Contact the author: istinayubukayev@yandex.ru 

No comments: