From time-to-time I cover in blog posts some openings that might be considered "relatives" to the Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+).
More than the Semi-Italian Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 h6 4.O-O Bc5 5.Bxf7+), the Italian Four Knights Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.Nc3 Bc5 5.Bxf7+), or the Semi-Italian Four Knights Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.Nc3 h6 5.Nc3 Bc5 6.Bxf7+).
The Blackburne Shilling Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nd4 4.Bxf7+) is also one to come to mind. I first covered that line 8 years ago.
There is also the Noa or Monck Gambit, (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.Nc3 Nxe4 5.Bxf7+), arising from the Two Knights Game.
I am not sure that I have presented what Tim Harding has called the Frankenstein Dracula Variation (1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nf6 3.Bc4 Nxe4), coming out of the Vienna opening, and that can heat up with 4.Bxf7+.
I might have to give that last one a closer look.
No comments:
Post a Comment