Wednesday, December 10, 2008

London Calling... Six Months of Blog


Dear Jerome Gambit Gemeinde,

It's been 6 months since I first posted on this blog (see "Welcome!") and it's been a daily pleasure since then to find something about the Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) to share with you.

According to Google Analytics, 40% of the visitors to this blog have been here 25 times or more. Twenty-three per cent have visited over 200 times!

About 50% of the visitors have only been here one or two times, though, so I still have a lot of work to do...

Responding to the discussions that I've been having with Pete Banks ("blackburne") – such as in the "Comments" section of
"Jerome Gambit: Transylvanian Terror" – I began presenting the "Jerome Gambit: Drilling Down" series, which will ultimately contain 30 posts. (By the way, I realize that I could have used a graphic of an oil rig – instead of a hand-held electric drill – for the "drilling down" icon, but the latter seemed to better represent the personal computer and its software...)

I am also working on a "Jerome Gambit: Deep Analysis" series that will tap into my database as never before.

In the meantime, I will continue to post Jerome Gambit games as I play them, or as you send them to me. Any Jerome Gambit news that you can use – I will place it here as I get it.

After all, we're only about a couple of weeks away from blog post #200!

Best wishes,

Rick Kennedy ("perrypawnpusher")

p.s. If you've been thinking about creating your own chess blog, you might want to stop by Michael Goeller's site, "The Kenilworthian", for his take on "Web Publishing, 2.0 Style" which is quite informative.

No comments: