Monday, December 6, 2010

Instant Victory Redux

I'm not sure how many people read this blog on a daily basis, but I certainly do. With the number of posts climbing toward 1,000 there is a lot of information on the Jerome Gambit and its relatives and I need to keep up.

For example, a few days ago I posted on the topic of "Instant Victory" in the Blackburne Shilling Gambit. There is a 6th move choice for Black that should give his opponent a very quick win, but in over 150 games in the New Year's Database, that had happened only 2/3 of the time. I wanted to help readers improve that success rate to 100%.

Today I played the following game.

perrypawnpusher - Raankh
blitz, FICS, 2010

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nd4


The Blackburne Shilling Gambit.

I have a draw and a loss against Raankh in two Jerome Gambit games.

4.Bxf7+

The Blackburne Shilling Jerome Gambit.

4...Kxf7 5.Nxe5+ Ke8 6.Qh5+ Ke7


Uh oh. Its that move. Lucky for me I read this blog.

(Earlier this year Raankh played the stronger 6...g6 against me, and I won in 49 moves after a long and drawn-out battle.)

7.Qf7+ Kd6 8.Nc4+ Kc5 9.Qd5+ Kb4 10.c3+ Black resigned







No comments: