Monday, March 14, 2011

Nadir 2.0

I have finally played a Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) that is so bad that I will not even bother to share it with readers (something that has not happened for over 1,000 days). Far beyond the simple reversal of move orders, as in Friday's game against Cibola, it contained a flock of inexplicable errors topped off with mouse-slip that lost the Queen... There is no need for me to take a vacation, as when "a case of the stupids" struck before, though: from now on, such games will go directly into The Database, and the time that I would have spent analyzing and preparing the disaster for posting here will be spent on either more historical research into the Jerome Gambit or on assembling information for my forthcoming book, The Worst Chess Opening Ever: The Jerome Gambit in Black and White

We now return you to regularly scheduled posting.

No comments: