Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scary Stuff




I have not had a chance to play a Jerome Gambit game at FICS in a couple of weeks, so I was thrilled to get one in a 15 5 game, my latest attempt to play "slower" (well, slower than pure blitz) chess.



1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+

At this point, my opponent took a minute to decide what to do about the attacking Bishop. Then I received this message:

Your opponent, Badoglio, has lost contact or quit.

{Game 382 (perrypawnpusher vs. Badoglio) Badoglio lost connection and too few moves; game aborted} *

I guess, this being the Halloween season, the Jerome Gambit might have scared him.

Not too much, though, as a couple of minutes later he was back on FICS and playing another game. I was ready to challenge him at the end of that game, but he logged off.

No comments: