Monday, September 6, 2021

Jerome Gambit: Relaxing

 


After yesterday's video slugfest of a Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) game, I thought I would share the link to a recent short, straight-forward Jerome miniature.

One of the YouTube.com  "The Master Tricks" videos, "jerome gambit । the jerome gambit । how to play the jerome gambit । The Master Tricks । chess traps" is a pleasant and not too long (11 moves) battle.

The game in the video, unattributed, can also be found in the notes to analysis in Grandmaster Simon Williams' “My Favorite Opening Traps”.

I do not know if either the creator of  "The Master Tricks" or GM Williams were aware of blackburne - karmmark, Jerome Gambit thematic tournament, ChessWorld.net, 2007, which is the earliest (and only) example I can find of the game.


No comments: