Sunday, July 10, 2022

Jerome Gambit: Everywhere



 It seems that the Jerome Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+) is everywhere.

I have a standing Google Alert for "Jerome Gambit". Today it produced a couple of TikTok videos, of all things. (I admit I might have missed some content because I do not read Hebrew.)

The first, "JEROME GAMBIT BACKFIRES IN LIVE SCRIM", one of several videos from 5headchess, shows the infamous Amateur - Blackburne, London, 1884 game.

The second, "Jerome Gambit" from chesstutorials, has light instruction.

A third video, by leaderofKyles, "I feel lik a jerk but it's fun chess", is also labelled a Jerome Gambit, although it begins 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 c5 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.Bxf7+. (I have been able to find only one other game with that line, Croke - Jokmin, LSS SN-2009-0-00160, 2009 [1-0, 30])

Amazing.

No comments: